A Fresh Beginning


I am Hannah and am a particularly active teenager. I do many activities and sports. For hobbies I paint, journal, and bake. I enjoy reading for pleasure and being outside. I am interested in environmental management. Being productive and organized is crucial for me because I am one to be easily overwhelmed by the multiple things I do daily. I very much enjoy helping people, it brings me joy. Focusing on things that improve my future and myself brings me satisfaction. My faith and family are a priority, that influences many decisions in my life. 

I have struggled with eczema since I was born, and it really started to flare when I was about 11 years old and that’s when I was told by my pediatrician it is chronic. Since then, I have tried it all to lower my flare-ups, itching, and discoloration nothing worked long-term. Then in the summer of 2020, I was getting odd stomach pains anytime I would eat something that included carbs. Later I narrowed it down to wheat. That is when I noticed I could have gluten sensitivity or celiac disease. Since that day I have been gluten-free for 5 months.

In the beginning, it was difficult; however, over time it got easier, and I rarely get cravings anymore either. At times when I was in a restaurant or grocery shopping, and I wanted a sweet treat or snack. It was frustrating not finding what I was looking for but, in the end, it is worth it because it was for my health. Though on the other hand, in the beginning, I did not limit myself if I was hungry, I would eat anything, it was okay for me to eat out of MY OWN restrictions, it was not about perfection but consistency. It is worth it for me because after being gluten-free for about a month my eczema calmed down a lot and I rarely get flare-ups; the color came back to my arms and my skin got soft. I had not really noticed though until my family mentioned it, I had become so happy.

My family, unlike me, is not gluten-free. That was always difficult for me, but they were incredibly supportive, getting me everything thing I needed. Later I found out that at times gluten and eczema can be connected and have to do with one another (proven by researchers). When I was younger, I did an allergy test and came out allergic to wheat, egg, and milk yet I still ate all those things. Later my allergies arose (not the egg ones though, I still eat them). I am moderately diary-free but over time by being diary-free the allergy went away on its own, and now I enjoy diary every so often.

The point of this is to make a blog that gluten-free people who like easy sweet treats can enjoy and they can be made vegan! I personally know it can be difficult to find an easy recipe so that is why I am here! I hope you enjoy it!


Comments

Popular Posts